The LENTOS Library is freely accessible to all visitors to the museum as a public reference library.
Wednesday 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Thursday 4 p.m.–7 p.m.
Click here for the itinerary for a barrier free visit to the library.
The holdings of the library are available to all persons during opening hours in the Reading Room, free of charge and without prior notification.
The library is a reference and magazine library, i.e., its media may not be borrowed to be taken out.
Black-and-white-printing facilities are provided.
Browse, read and research...
The library currently holds over 30,000 books and about 25 periodicals on fine art of the 20th and 21st century. These have mostly been acquired through active correspondence with Austrian and international museums, exhibition houses and galleries over a period of more than fifty years. The library is constantly enlarged with up-to-date specialized literature relating to the LENTOS Collection (painting, graphic arts, photography, sculpture) and from the fields of architecture and design.
In our library you find:
- catalogues about art of the 20th and 21st century, modern art with focus on contemporary art
- reference books, catalogues raisonés and monographies of artists
- international exhibition catalogues
- auction catalogues, art price indices, art magazines, journals
- artist's portraits on DVD
Klaus Scheuringer (Head of Library)
T +43 732 7070 3642
F +43 732 7070 3604